Visiting an Orthodox Church is, for many people, a new and exciting experience. It may be a wonderful encounter with all its beauty and rich liturgical tradition, but there are probably many aspects of our faith and worship you may not be familiar with, and we are sensitive to that. This page is designed to help guide you and answer questions about our parish and the Orthodox Christian Faith. It is our deep desire to welcome you once as a visitor and many times as a friend!
New to the area? First time visitor? Want to know what to do and how to become involved in the life of Holy Trinity Church? Here are some basic steps:
- Join us for worship: The Holy Orthodox Christian Church is a house of prayer for all people, and we welcome anyone who is interested in worshiping God with us. Everyone is welcome, whatever their current religious affiliation or nationality.
- Introduce yourself: A member of the Hospitality Ministry or Parish Council will greet you upon entering the church. Please introduce yourself (unless they hopefully welcome you first!) and complete one of our visitor hospitality cards. You will be also welcomed by our priests and introduced to the congregation at the conclusion of the service.
- Stay for fellowship: Following the Divine Liturgy, the community joins for Fellowship Hour. You will be welcomed by and introduced to members of the parish.
- Ask questions: Our clergy, Parish Council and parishioners are there to help you find your way through the community and the Orthodox Christian Faith. We are glad to have an opportuity to answer any questions you might have.
- Sign up: Be sure to visit our website at www.HolyTrinityPgh.org and subscribe to our email list. This will keep you up-to-date on the worship schedule and community life.
- Get involved: Although full participation in the sacramental life of the Church is reserved for Orthodox Christians, we encourage you to get involved in the many opportunities for learning, service and fellowship that exist at Holy Trinity Church.
More Helpful Info
Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.