Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Introducing the All-New Holy Trinity Hospitality Hour
Did you know that the Liturgy doesn't end when church is over? Bishop Kallistos Ware says, "We should return to the world after the Liturgy, seeing Christ in every human person ..." This begins at "Hospitality Hour!"
For many years, our Philoptochos Society has embraced this idea, and graciously hosted our coffee hour with open hands and warm hearts. We are grateful for their decades of dedicated service to our Holy Trinity family, friends and newcomers alike! Thank you Philoptochos!
The ALL NEW "Holy Trinity Hospitality Hour" will continue to embrace the opportunity to foster Christ-centered relationships, to "love your neighbor", to meet and greet newcomers and to build and strengthen existing friendships ... BUT... in a whole new format! It's as easy as ONE... TWO... THREE to showcase YOUR Holy Trinity Hospitality!!!
- EVERY HOLY TRINITY MINISTRY will be requested to host a special Hospitality Hour to raise awareness about their ministry, recruit new members, and promote special events!
EVERY HOLY TRINITY PARISHIONER will have the opportunity to memorialize their loved one, honor an individual or celebrate a special occasion! Parishioners can reach out and combine their efforts with other individuals or families to host a Sunday of your choice!
How It Works
THE HOLY TRINITY HOSPITALITY HOUR COMMITTEE WILL PROVIDE:
- All the paper products (disposable cups, plates, napkins and cutlery)
- Tablecloths, trays, and donation baskets
- Signage stating who is sponsoring the event
- Coffee, coffee creamers, sugar & stirrers
- A simple, detailed step by step instruction guide with "All I Need to Know about How to Host a Hospitality Hour" (how to make coffee, set up and clean up)
YOU / YOUR MINISTRY WILL PROVIDE:
- FOOD: Ex. Finger foods, snacks, fruits, desserts, treats of your choice in accordance with any fasting guidelines of the season. (Recommended amounts will be in the guide)
- JUICE of your choice
- Your own staff to SET UP & CLEAN UP
- Your VERY OWN HOLY TRINITY HOSPITALITY!
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- EVERY Holy Trinity ministry head will be contacted to host TWO Sunday Hospitality Hours per year.
ALL SPONSORED MEMORIALS will be hosted by the Philoptochos. (Important note: Due to the nature of timing for 40 Day Memorials, in the event that a Hospitality Hour is scheduled and a 40 Day Memorial is needed, the 40 Day Memorial takes precedence and the host of the scheduled Hospitality Hour will need to reschedule.)
INDIVIDUAL PARISHONERS are encouraged to host a "Hospitality Hour" by contacting the Hospitality Hour Committee scheduler and selecting the Sunday you wish to host. Consider celebrating a special occasion (anniversary, birthday), an achievement (graduation, award).
Coordinator: Stacy Dickos @ 412-298-9409
Scheduler: Theanne Gagianas @ 724-986-4546
For the Hospitality Hour informational flyer, click here.