The Holy Trinity Church Pilgrimage Ministry presents its 2019 Holy Trinity Pilgrimage:
Mount Athos - The Holy Mountain: "A Pilgrimage of Prayer"
November 4-11, 2019
A spiritual adventure of a lifetime for men.
Fly from Pittsburgh to Thessaloniki, then sail to Mount Athos for a pilgrimage to its ancient monasteries and Byzantine wonders.
Hike on spectacular mountain paths high above the northern Aegean Sea.
Join the monks for meals and sacred services. Immerse yourself in the peaceful Orthodox Christian life of faith and prayers amidst the history and natural beauty of this wondrous ‘Garden of the Panagia.’
RESERVE NOW: SPACE IS LIMITED!
- Deposit due April 1.
- Full payment due May 1
2019 Pilgrimage Details
- Host: This trip is an offering of the Pilgrimage Ministry of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Pittsburgh, PA. The guide for the pilgrimage will be Father John Touloumes. Professional tour arrangements are being handled by Cloud Tours. All questions and communications should be directed to Father John.
- Requirements: Because of strict, traditional practices and physical requirements of travel on Mount Athos, all participants must be Orthodox Christian adult males (18 or over) with proof of baptism and the ability to walk for extended periods on rough-terrain paths carrying backpacks. All participants must also have valid United States passports.
- Trip Size: Due to various practical limitations, this trip is strictly limited to EIGHT (8) participants and one host. PLEASE SEE IMPORTANT DEPOSIT INFORMATION!
- Pricing: $2,400 per person, double-occupancy. $2,700 single-occupancy. (Subject to change based on airfare)
- Included: Trip price includes: round-trip airfare from Pittsburgh; all first-class hotel accommodations with breakfasts; accommodations and meals on Mount Athos; all private bus/van transfers in Thessaloniki; ferry to Mt. Athos; private sight-seeing tour of Thessaloniki; 2 dinners in Thessaloniki; tips and gratuities for included events; taxes and transfers. Basically, everything except personal spending and travel meals. Note about single-occupancy option: this applies only to the hotel accommodations. Monastery quarters are shared.
- Deposit: $250 deposit required by April 1, 2019 to reserve a spot. Refundable until May 1. After May 1, airline tickets will be purchased and that portion of the fee (TBD) is not refundable. Make all checks payable to ‘Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church.’ Deposits will be received on a first-come, first-served basis. Once eight reservations are received, a waiting list will be established in the event of cancellations.
- Full Payment: Balance of payment is due May 1, 2019.
- Address: Send all deposits and payments to: Mount Athos Pilgrimage, payable to ‘Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church’, 985 Providence Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15237. Phone: 412-366-8700.
How to Register
The informational flyer for this trip, including the tentative itinerary, can be downloaded here: pdf 2019 Mount Athos Pilgrimage (805 KB)
Complete the 2019 Mount Athos Pilgrimage Registration Form below.