Hurricane Harvey hit Texas on August 25, 2017. 135,000 homes were damaged or destroyed. We donated. We prayed. Now let’s go help. Here’s your chance!
The Holy Trinity Missions Ministry in coordination with International Orthodox Christian Charities and The Saint Bernard Project invites you to be a part of the 2019 Holy Trinity Mission Trip for Adults & Teens: "Helping Houston Recover." A hands-on, on-site way to put the love of the Gospel into action
by helping those still devastated by Hurricane Harvey recover and rebuild.
Partnering with IOCC and the Saint Bernard Project
IOCC’s Orthodox Home Build teams support long-term recovery after disasters, because communities affected by these catastrophes often face great need long after the crisis has passed. As a home build volunteer, you can help families rebuild! Work usually starts 6-12 months after a disaster, and IOCC teams sometimes keep coming back for years, depending on the need. The Saint Bernard Project (SBP) is helping to rebuild homes in many different neighborhoods across the Greater Houston area.SBP rebuilds for low-to-moderate income homeowners, placing a special focus on families with small children, the elderly, disabled persons, war veterans and the under-and uninsured. IOCC is partnering with SBP in its Houston Home Build teams in 2019.
2019 Mission Trip Details
- DATES: June 17-22, 2019
- COST: HT GOYAns - $400; Adults and Others: $600
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Palm Sunday, April 21, 2019
- INCLUDES: Round-trip airfare, accommodations at a local church, ground transportation, meals, building/recovery supplies.
- OPEN TO: Holy Trinity GOYA (teens 14 and over) AND Holy Trinity adults and parents with a call to mission work. (Note: adults/parents/chaperones are needed and all adults must have youth clearances.)
- WHAT WE WILL DO: Rebuild for families impacted by Hurricane Harvey. No construction experience necessary. Many different phases of construction such as mucking & gutting, demolition, insulation, drywall, mudding or spackling, painting, flooring, trim, doors & more. All training and supervision provided by SBP.
How to Register
The informational flyer for this trip can be downloaded here: 2019 Mission Trip to Houston
Complete the 2019 Holy Trinity Mission Trip Registration Form below.
- Registration deadline is Palm Sunday, April 21, 2019
- Registration is not valid until payment is received via check
- Make check payable to "Holy Trinity Agape Fund"
- Mail to: Houston Mission Trip, 985 Providence Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Registration is refundable until April 21, 2019. Non-refundable after April 21, 2019.
- Registration is not valid until all trip requirements are met (Forms will be emailed after registration)
- Youth: Parental permission, liability release, medical release and registratant covenant form
- Adult: Youth Protection certification, medical release and registrant covenant form
- Chaperone requirements may necessitate a parent accompanying his/her child on the trip